Destroyer: The U-Boat Hunter is an innovative, cross-genre destroyer simulation which truthfully depicts the struggle of escort groups protecting allied convoys against German U-boats during the Battle of the Atlantic. Take full control of a Fletcher-class destroyer, using authentic instruments and attack procedures to fully experience the full spectrum of anti-submarine warfare.
Destroyer combines the thrill of commanding an anti-submarine warship with the tactical challenge of managing a whole escort group protecting convoys against relentless wolfpacks. The game goes to great lengths to appeal to fans of realism and immersion, at the same time offering a great experience for beginners in the genre as well.
Whether a military sim veteran or a fledgling captain, immerse yourself in a cinematic naval warfare experience and feel the thrill of the hunt!
Key game features include:
- Procedural battle generation with randomized weather, time of day, and enemy attack patterns, allowing for a virtually infinite number of battle scenarios.
- A detailed Fletcher-class destroyer model with 5 locations meticulously recreated in state-of-the art 3D: the bridge, the combat information center, the sonar room, the gun director, and the lookouts’ station.
- Over 300 voice reports recorded by professional voice actors, navy school cadets and US Navy experts for unparalleled immersion and situational awareness.
- A total of 10 different battle stations covering the most essential duties of the anti-submarine attack team, each complete with its key instruments and gear to give you the edge over the enemy.
- 4 different convoy battle configurations (small, medium, large, and custom).
- A dark, thematic soundtrack comprising 4 multi-layered pieces that dynamically adjust to the level of tension between you and the enemy.
- Varied U-boat captain profiles: aggressive, sneaky, patient, or cold professional – each of them with an ace up their sleeve.